Vital Gas Interviews: Mike Greenhill
1) When did you become a Rovers fan and why?
10th April 1998. A school friend asked if I wanted to come to watch Bristol Rovers, I had no allegiance with any Bristol club back then. We beat Wigan 5-0, the atmosphere in the Blackthorn was got me hooked. From that date my addiction began.
2) What is your favourite Rovers moment of all time/most treasured memory?
My first game was magic, Beating City 1-0 will never be forgot and obviously 2007.
3) If you could bring back a former Rovers player into this team who would it be and why?
3. Realistically...Steve Elliot right now. His leadership on and off the field is something we have lacked. Top pro.
4) Early day but what's Your opinion on Darrell Clarke so far?
Happy with Clarke. Knows what he wants, speaks his mind. Realistic targets and understands the fans.
5) I would normally ask best and worst moments of last season, but I think the worse is obvious, any good moments for you last season?
When we beat Wycombe away, I thought that was it. Could of been an away day we looked back on in years. Now it's irrelevant.
6) Transfers have already been made, but anyone else you would like to come in?
Don't know too much about the non league seen, so I'm not gonna name players that have been touted about from other fans who 'claim' to know who is needed. I'd like a CB still as I'm not too sure on the capability of our current pairing.
7) Any players you would happily drive to his new club?
8) Favourite current player?
Smith and Mildenhall. Could of been over by March if it wasn't for them two
9) Any players that have been let go this summer that you would have liked to stay?
No. Apart from Lockyer, Milds and Smith, I wouldn't be too bothered to see the back of any of them.
10) Who was your first footballing hero and who are your favourite all time player/s?
At Rovers it was The Duke. I started regularly going when everything he hit was going in. I thought he was destined for the very top. Lambert is the Player I have appreciated most though since I've been attending. A role model to any player in the lower leagues...or non league now.
11) In your opinion who was to blame for relegation last season?
The Board and John Ward are both at fault.
12) Opinion on the board?
Arrogance has cost us.
13) And finally, What are your expectations for the new season?
Just outside the play offs.
Thanks to Mike Greenhill.
If you would like to take part simply send your answers to email@example.com
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.