Vital Gas 2017 Interview: 1970toggsy
1) What made you become a Gashead?
Family tradition really come from a long line of Rovers fans plus we lived about 5 minutes away from Eastville also My Nans brother played for them back before the war moved on to play and manage Liverpool in the 50s.
2) Whats your first memory as a Gashead?
The Tote End.
3) If you could bring back one Bristol Rovers player (in his prime) who would it be?
Marcus Stewart was sad to see him leave would of loved for him to come back as player.
4) Who in your opinion is the greatest ever Rovers manager?
As it stands DC having achieved 2 promotions on a shoestring budget deffo a manager to watch in the future but Gerry Francis also sticks out having won the league.
5) Favorite current and former Rovers player?
Billy Bodin the player is certainly one to watch and I can see a lot of clubs sniffing round him in the future. Jamie Cureton Rovers worse mistake selling him on the cheap.
6) Your opinion on Darrell Clarke?
When he was first signed as the manager wasn`t sure but he`s proved everyone wrong I don`t blame DC for the relegation that buck stops with John Ward as he was in charge for majority of the season and also the board.
7) Your opinion on the new owners and Steve Hamer?
To early to voice an opinion deliver the new stadium first.
8) Which player if any would you like to see leave Rovers this summer?
None really the players I wanted to leave have already left.
9) What do you think we need in the transfer window?
Deffo 2 Strikers and a 2 keepers decent centre back to start with.
10) In your opinion will the New Stadium happen?
I`d like to think it will happen but who knows a lot of off the field politics involved still need sorting out.
11) Who was your first footballing hero?
12) What do you expect from Rovers this season?
Play offs a must.
13) And finally, your stuck on a desert island. You can pick one person to be with, who would you choose?
Tricky one that to choices 1) If it was possible my late partner would love to spend those precious moments with her again 2) Matty Taylor so I could spend all day giving him a slap for being stupid by joining the rift raft.
>If you would like to take part in the Vital Gas 2017 Interviews, drop me a email firstname.lastname@example.org