Writer: Lenny 1883
Date:Tuesday August 11 2009
The Memorial Stadium
Bristol Rovers face Gary Waddock's Aldershot Town in the first round of the Carling Cup.
'They've got some good young players. Gary Waddock's done a good job down there.
'We're not going to expect to turn them over. We'll give them respect and work hard.
'We know we can play good football. It's the other bits we need to make sure we do well as well.'
Bristol Rovers will have to make two forced changes tonight. Former Chelsea goalkeeper Rhys Evans will make his debut tonight as Newwcastle do not want Fraser Forster cup tied. Darryl Duffy will start tonight in place of last season's top scorer Rickie Lambert who has moved to Southampton.
The striker will hope to stake a claim for a regular start after the departure of Rickie Lambert.
Aldershot defender Ben Herd may miss out after injuring his knee in their 3-1 win over Darlington.
The former Rovers player started the season well scoring on the weekend and may have a point to prove.
• These sides last faced each other in 2001, when Rovers beat Aldershot in the first round of the League Cup after a replay.
• This is the 42nd meeting between the two clubs in all competitions. Rovers have won 21 of the previous matches, Aldershot 12, and there have been eight draws.
• Rovers have not won a League Cup game since 2004.
• It means Paul Trollope, who took over as boss the following year, is still waiting for his first League Cup win as a manager.
• A victory for Aldershot would be their first in the League Cup since 1991.
• It would also be their first win in the competition under manager Gary Waddock.
G Horwood showed 85 yellow and 4 red in 35 games last season. He was the man in the middle in Rovers 1-0 home defeat to Leicester last season.
2-1 to Rovers
Next up is Stockport County away on Saturday.
Use your social login to comment on front page articles. Login using you Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts and have your say!
Date:Tuesday August 11 2009
Predction WK 2 - Three Players At The top (Monday August 31 2015)
Prediction - Wk 1 Table (Monday August 31 2015)
Drury Set For Rovers Move (Monday August 31 2015)
Follow Us On Facebook & Twitter (Monday August 31 2015)
Rovers Lose To Table Toppers Orient (Sunday August 30 2015)
Fan Blog: 'Mad Dogs' and Bristolians.... (Saturday August 29 2015)
Fan Blog: Bristol Rovers' Impressive Start (Tuesday August 25 2015)
Three Wins In A Row For rovers (Sunday August 23 2015)
Fan Blog: Confusion Reigns (Friday August 21 2015)
Thomas Joins Paulton (Friday August 21 2015)
|Leyton Orient||2||-||0||Bristol Rovers|
|7. Bristol Rovers||5||3||0||2||1||9|
|Predction WK 2 - Three Players At The top
» Bristol Rovers : 31/08/2015 23:09:00
|Prediction - Wk 1 Table
» Bristol Rovers : 31/08/2015 23:05:01
|Drury Set For Rovers Move
» Bristol Rovers : 31/08/2015 22:21:01
|Loan Exit And Waddock Uncertainty
» Barnet : 31/08/2015 20:23:01
|Sturrock Exasperated By Oxford Performance
» Yeovil : 31/08/2015 19:28:01