Vital Gas Interviews:Thatslife
2) What is your opinion on the season so far? Better than expected. Bit disappointed with the home for.
3) Best moment(s) of this season so far? Taylor goal against Oxford away
4) Worst moment(s) of this season so far? The whole away fixture at Portsmouth.
5) Do you expect any arrivals before the loan window shuts and IF you could bring in a player or two, who (realistically) would you opt for?I do expect some loan signings, I would like to think that, as a dream, we could attract Ricky Lambert back just until the end date of the season,but failing that a proven creative midfielder as Lines and Lawrence, at the moment the are not achieving this.
6) What is your opinion of Darrell Clarke now he has been in charge for nearly two years?I believe he has 'grown' into a decent manager, his tactics and some of his substitutions are not always understood by me, but what do I know. His most impressive feature is having the guts to change things around during the game when the tactics are not working. He backs himself without being corky about. I do be believe his future career will limited to the lower divisions only.
7) Early days I know, but what is your opinion on Wael Al-Qadi and Steve Hammer so far?Wael Al-Qadi comes across as a genuine nice guy, his statement that his ownership will not be a revolution but an evolution struck a chord with me. I know very little about Steve Hammer so will reserve judgement for now.
8) What do you expect from the new owners and if you could give them one bit of advice what would it be?I expect the new owners to run BRFC in the best way to achieve success, get to understand Gasheads, not easy i know. He could do worse than looking at Bristol City and seeing how, even with lots of finance, they still fail.He has started well by appointing people around him who have experience. He can truly say that he doesn't know how to run a football club, but he knows a man who can
9) If you could have one thing from the new owners, what (realistically) would it be?I would be surprised if there are any different answers to that question other than a new ground, preferably at the UWE but elsewhere if not.
10) Now Nick Higgs has gone, what is your opinion on his reign as Chairman?I have a lot of respect for Nick, he tried everything he knew to progress our club, on and off the field. I thought many of the comments on the forum were disrespectful, assumed facts about him that were not true. He got shafted by the hypocritical Ms Radical and her gang. She who was elected in a democratic way but when democracy didn't suit her, such as the planning committee decision then democracy went out of the window and was replaced by her own agenda.
11) Where do you see us in 10 years time?I an nearly 65 years old with 57 season tickets behind me. I don't expect the club to be an established Premiership club in my lifetime, I expect we will be a bit like Wolves in the way they get promoted and relegated in and out of the Premiership. Earning the balloon payments and having great seasons in the Championship and bad ones in the Premiership, but always with that chance of playing in Europe.
12) Favourite current player?I enjoy watching young Leadbitter, he excites with his attacking runs.
13) Favourite former player/s?Nathan Ellington.
14) If you were stuck on a desert island with one person who would you most and least like it to be?Most like.........Geoff Dunford so we could reminisce about the past like 2 old men should do.
Least like........Ms Radical so I could make her life hell lol :)
15) And finally, have you looked where Jordan is on the map?Yes, it's a bit close to trouble spots to consider it as holiday destination but who knows what the future holds. That sentiment holds for BRFC and their new owners.
One last point
There has been much talk on our forum(S) and the City forum about how much our new owners are worth. My opinion on that is, they have more than we had before and have enough to do what they want. Why would you need any more?